Class Starter: Youth Radio Podcast & Blog – You need headphones for this!
Take the first 15 minutes of today’s class to look around YOUTH RADIO.
•Notice who is doing the talking and see what it is that they are talking about.
•Listen to an podcast episode from Stresses of High School by, Grace Vaughan Brekke
Be prepared to share your thoughts in class.
#1 – Finish turning 25 APPS – Google Doc in shared assignment folder.
#2 – Work on your WordPress blog.
Class Starter: Chris Hadfield’s blog from space.
Blogging your story is one of the most powerful ways to share a unique experience with a huge audience. Here’s a blog that takes the reader to a place nobody else can go!
Check it out.
#1 – Successfully start a WordPress Blog Website
Open a free WordPress account using a personal email address.
Follow these instructions:
- Go to WordPress to create a profile and use a NON-school email address to sign up.
- Click on “start a free blog”
- Choose a template
- Enter a domain or keyword. If your domain is available, select the free version. It will look something like this: “keyword”.wordpress.com
*tip: make it short, memorable, easy to type.
- Select a free plan
- Enter your email address and create a password. (jot it down somewhere, just in case you forget what it is!)
- Once your blog is up, make your first blog post.
It’s the beginning of the 2016 Fall Semester and there are a few easy but important things to do before we get started:
- Go to your school email inbox and find an email from me email@example.com. Reply to my email and tell me what name you like to go by and which class you are in. (B2 or B3)
- Make a folder on your Google Drive and name it “DBA”. This is where you will keep all of your work for this class.
- Take a Card!
This Semester we are trying something new to replace passing out a course disclosure. In class today I will give you my class card with all of my contact info and a QR Code which will take you directly to “The Basics” web page. Share this with your parents so that they can see what we will be doing.