Class Starter: Google Doodle
Just to get our creative juices flowing, we will watch this video about Lotte Reigniger. What does this have to do with Google Doodle?
Class Activities: Create a shared folder on your Google Drive and turn in your first assignment by creating a Google Doc inside of it.
Today you will create a shared folder inside the DBA fold that you have already added to your Google Drive. You will turn in all of your assignments by placing them in this folder which will be shared with me, your teacher.
Just follow the following steps:
- Log in to your your Alpine School District gmail account and find the application grid in the top right corner of the tool bar.
Click on the grid and select the Drive icon. This will open your drive folder.
- Find DBA folder which you should have already created and click on it to open it.
- Click on the red “new” button to select “folder” .
This will open a box for you to name the folder. Name the folder “LAST NAME, First name” and click “create”. You will now see a folder in your Drive.
- Right-click on your folder to open a list of options. Click “share”
This will open a box where you must share this folder with me, Amy Bury by typing in my email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure that my name pops up and Hit “send”.
- Now you have your assignment folder and you have shared it with me. When you double-click on it you can see a space where you can drag and drop files from your computer to your shared folder on your drive and you are ready to turn in your assignments for this class!
First Graded Assignment: Write a review of this blog article from TED.
Take time to read through the blog article. Next go to your new shared folder and open it. From there, hit the “new” button and select Google Docs icon. This will open a document where you will put your name on the top, a title of the article, and then just tell me what you think of it. Google Docs will auto-save your work! If you have your folder shared, and this document inside of it, you will get full credit for this assignment! ( worth 50 points)