• SEMESTER FINAL – This is the state test that is given in class on Friday, 1/6/17 This test is required and a part of your semester grade.
• BLOG 1/4
Write a blog post about the things that you learned and practiced in this class. (30 points)
• Photoshop-3 Assignment – Photoshop Gallery
In this assignment you practice digital photography manipulation. follow instructions from 12/14 class post. (50 points)
• Photoshop-2 Assignment
Use Photoshop to create a graphic about YOU – your logo. Post a JPEG VERSION OF YOUR LOGO ON YOUR BLOG WITH A SHORT DESCRIPTION. Also put your logo file in your Google Drive folder. DUE WEDNESDAY 12/14 (50 points)
• Photoshop-1 Assignment
Create 3 different versions of the Cherries, using Photoshop. See full instructions from the December 6 class post. When you have completed the project save your original working Photoshop document AND a jpeg version in your class folder.
Due Thursday Dec. 8 (50 points)
See full instructions from the December 2 class post.
(50 Points – Due Tuesday Dec 6)
Use the Gimp Application to create the VW badge. Step by step instructions here > Gimp Introduction assignment. Put the finished graphic in your Google Drive folder.
Due Friday, December-2nd. (50 Points)
• Garage Band – 1 Assignment
Work in teams to create a project in Garage Band. You will make a multiple track project that includes voice recording and background music. To turn it in for credit, each student must upload the completed file to archive.org and included in a blog post about your project. Download complete instructions here.
(100 points) Due 11/15
• Podcast-2 Assignment – A voice recording – hosted and posted!
Download instructions here.
(50 points) Due 11/7
• BLOG 11/4
Write a blog post about the Rob Greenfield episode of the “A Beautiful World” podcast.
• Podcast-1 Assignment – Royalty free music – hosted and posted!
Download instructions here.
(100 points) Due 11/1
…………………….2nd term above this line…………….
• Vocabulary-2 Assignment
Open the document Vocabulary-2 to complete. Save it to your own class folder on Drive.
(100 points) Due 10/17
• Podcast Diagram
Draw a diagram showing how to take an audio file (mp3) and host a podcast.
(50 points) Due 10/11
• Podcast Review
Listen to the Radiolab podcast and write a short essay review of the podcast episode. Create a Google Doc in your assignment folder with Podcast Review in the heading and your name. Turn it in to your assignment folder.
(50 points) Due 10/7
• Vocabulary-1 Assignment
Open the document Vocabulary-1 to complete. Save it to your own class folder on Drive.
(40 points) Due 10/3
• GOOGLE CALENDAR ASSIGNMENT – Use the Google Calendar App to create your own calendar. Follow instructions from the document link. To turn this in for a grade, you will share your calendar with the teacher. (50 Points) Due 9/29
•iPad Scavenger Hunt Follow directions from 9-21 class blog post
•QR Code Assignment in Microsoft Word, where you will edit the document and save the project to your assignment folder on Google Drive.
•Utah Business Websites – When completed, save the document to your own assignment folder on Google Drive. Due 9-21. (50 Points)
•BLOG 9/15 –Are these websites believable?
Go to these websites: http://huvrtech.com/ and http://art.yale.edu/
Explain why you think they should (or should not) be taken seriously by people visiting them. (30 Points)
•BLOG 9/13 – Watch the following video on Cloud Storage.
Write a 2 paragraph blog entry with an appropriate title summarizing the video and what you learned from it. Include an applicable image. (30 Points)
This assignment uses a spreadsheet to show employee standings at Donovan Industries. Click here to view instructions. Due-9/15 (50 points)
•Google Sheet Collaboration-Go to your email to find an invitation from me to collaborate on a Google Sheet that lists the members of our class & email addresses. Your assignment it to insert the URL for your WordPress blog site.
Due-9/7 (30 points)
•BLOG 9/7 – Working as a Team. Post about your thoughts about collaboration. Due-9/7 (30 points)
•25 APPS – Create a Google Doc inside your assignment folder Due-8/31 (50 points)
Write a review of this blog article from TED. Next go to your new shared folder and open it. From there, hit the “new” button and select Google Docs icon. This will open a document where you will put your name on the top, a title of the article, and then just tell me what you think of it. Google Docs will auto-save your work! If you have your folder shared, and this document inside of it, you will get full credit for this assignment! ( worth 50 points)
•Share Class Information with your Parents Due-8/23
•Blog post “Why Blog?” (30 points) Due-1/29
• Create and publish a WordPress Blog Website (50 points) Due-1/29
For more info, click here
• Google Calendar (10 points) Due-1/29
view Google Calendar assignment
•Blog post “What is Cloud Computing” (30 points) Due-2/2
• Spreadsheet-1 using Google Sheets (50 points) Due-2/2
view Google Sheet assignment
•Blog post “What is your Sloop John B? ” (30 points) Due -2/4
• Spreadsheet-2 using Excel Online on OneDrive (50 points)
view Spreadsheet-2 assignment Due-2/8
• DBA-QR Code Assignment (50 points) Due- 2/10
•Blog post “Are these Websites Believable?” (30 points) Due -2/10
• Utah Business Websites (30 points) Due – 2/10
•Blog post “Free Time” (30 points) Due – 2/12
• ipad-scavengerHunt (10 points) Due – 2/16
•Blog post “Copyright” (30 points) Due – 2/17
•Copyright and Fair Use Vocabulary-1 Due 2/19
•Blog post Oracle Podcast (30 points) Due – 2/23
• Podcast Review Assignment (50 points) Due – 2/25
• Business Podcast Assignment (50 points) Due – 2/29
•Blog post – Leap Day Birthday (30 points) Due – 2/29
•Blog post – Product Descriptions & Online Shopping (30 points) Due – 3/4
• My Tiny Company – New Product Write-Up (100 points) Due 3/11
•Blog post – 50¢ Microscope (30 points) Due – 3/9
•Blog post – Favorite Logo (30 points) Due – 3/11
• Gimp Assignment #1 – (50 points) To turn in your finished graphic, go to the file menu on the top of the GIMP menu, go to “export as” and select png. Name the file, GIMP-1.png and make sure you put it in your class folder for a grade. DUE – 3/21
•Blog post – Library of Congress (30 points) Due – 3/23
•Gimp Assignment #2– To turn in your finished graphic, go to the file menu on the top of the GIMP menu, go to “export as” and select png. Name the file, GIMP-2.png and make sure you put it in your class folder for a grade.(50 points) Due 3/25
•Blog post – Flag Design (30 points) Due – 3/29
• Photoshop-1 Assignment. See instructions in my class post from March 25. When you have completed the project save your original working Photoshop document AND a jpeg version in your class folder. DUE Thursday, March 31. (100 points)
• Photoshop-Class Gallery Show Project (Extra Credit 50 points)
•Blog post – Seurat & Lichtenstein (30 points) Due – 4/11
• Vocabulary – 2 Due Wednesday 4/13 (20 points)
• Inkscape Assignment – See instructions from my class post on April 13.
Due Tuesday 4/19 (100 points)
• “My Tiny Company” Logo Branding Assignment.
Use Gimp, Photoshop or Inkscape to create a logo and a business card for your product. HERE for the assignment specifications.
Due April 29th. (100 Points)