First Graded Assignment: Write a review of this blog article from TED.
Take time to read through the blog article. Next go to your new shared folder and open it. From there, hit the “new” button and select Google Docs icon. This will open a document where you will put your name on the top, a title of the article, and then just tell me what you think of it. Google Docs will auto-save your work!
Turn In Instructions:
Last time we met, you created folder on your Google Drive and shared it with me. When you double-click on it you can see a space where you can drag and drop files from your computer to your shared folder on your drive and you are ready to turn in todays assignment.
If you have your folder shared, and this document inside of it, you will get full credit for this assignment! (50 points)
Class Activity: Successfully start a WordPress Blog Website
Open a free WordPress account using a personal email address.
Follow these instructions:
- Go to WordPress to create a profile and use a NON-school email address to sign up.
- Click on “start a free blog”
- Choose a template
- Enter a domain or keyword. If your domain is available, select the free version. It will look something like this: “keyword”.wordpress.com
*tip: make it short, memorable, easy to type.
- Select a free plan
- Enter your email address and create a password. (jot it down somewhere, just in case you forget what it is!)
- Once your blog is up, make your first blog post.