Class Starter: “Bolivia” – the most recent episode of the class podcast
I thought it only fair that your teacher should have to record and produce a podcast episode, too. I am not a voice actor and it shows in this episode, so don’t judge! This project proved how simple it is to get content online, but doing it for the first time is rather nerve wracking and a bit embarrassing, too.
This project required the following:
- write an outline of what to say
- gather photo assets. In this case, I used my own
- gather music mp3s from Incompetech.com and copy attribution info for each song
- Using Garage Band on my iPad, I recorded my voice and added extra tracks for background music
- When the project was complete, I hit the share button to email the file to myself so that I could download it to my computer
- upload mp3 files to my host archive.org
- find the mp3 file on my archive.org library and copy the URL for that file
- write a blog post on my WordPress Blog to tell more about my podcast episode. I included photography and the URL for the recording. I included attribution for the music included.
- I added the episode to RSS Feed for the DBA Podcast by adding the appropriate “tag” to the blog post